According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than one in four older adults report a fall each year. There are simple and affordable items that can assist in avoiding falls and helping with mobility for you or your loved one. Here are our top 5 recommended items:
- Adjustable bed – getting in and out of bed can be tricky if stability is an issue. Avoid getting up with momentum by using the fully adjustable features of a hospital bed.
- Bed rails – Getting into bed and up can be made easier with bed rails. These bars enable the person in the bed to reposition, move, or stabilize when getting in or out. Also, if rolling or moving off the bed is an issue, the rails help keep the sleeper stay put.
- Safety pole – These safety poles give an extra hand of steadiness wherever most needed. Many users like to have this right next to the bed to aid in getting from a mobility device to bed.
- Posey alarm – When getting up unassisted is dangerous, a posey alarm will alert when the sleeper gets up from the bed. This can remind them they need some help and can notify a caregiver or family member that the sleeper is moving.
- Walker flashlight – for the late night trips to the bathroom or kitchen, a walker flashlight can illuminate a path way to the main light to avoid bumps along the way.
We are here to help you find the best option for you – call or visit us to try out our range of products to keep you or your loved ones safe today.